Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Nightmare Week

Why did I ever think that writing for 3 hours every day was a good idea? It might have been for someone, but not for me. I ended up sleep-deprived and crabby with everyone, and had my mom asking when I was going to be done. It worked perfectly fine for the first couple of days, then I gained the hour. I was stupid enough not to finish my days quota, thinking I would finish it the next day. Turns out, procrastination is deadly.

That same hated hour stayed with me all through the week. I was barely able to keep up with the three hours i had, much less contend with an extra. Then, the sixth day, we were gone the whole day, and I only managed to cram two hours in before I collapsed at the keys. So, on the final day, with my mom breathing sighs of relief, I ended up with five hours to do. After going to church. And not having slept well for the past six days.

Lovely.

The only good thing about it, was although my eyes were red-rimmed, I did get a lot of decent writing done. And not only on the one story. So, now I'm thinking I might try it at least one more time. But only two hours a day this time. I never hope to be so stupid again.  I need my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment