Friday, August 13, 2010

Named It!

Hi everyone! This here post is an announcement that I have actually decided on a name for my story, and I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't've done it if I hadn't said I would on here, so thanks!

From now on, my story is entitled Prototype. It's so simple I nearly hit myself over the head for not coming up with it earlier, but I'm really pleased with it. It's relevant to the story, but it doesn't give too much away and doesn't sound too melodramatic. (Which some of my other ideas did. A lot.)

I suck at writing plot summaries, but I named the story Prototype because that's basically what the main character is. She's a genetically engineered clone with cybernetic implants, and she was created as a prototype for a secret army that's set to take over the galaxy. She escaped the facility where she was made and lives on a spaceship, trying to avoid being captured or killed by the government who created her and then outlawed her when she escaped. Generally, therefore, she is not a happy, emotionally balanced person. She has violent (sometimes literally) moodswings, and every now and again she tries to kill herself, which is hard because she was built to be pretty near invincible. She's extremely strong, she has a perfect memory, she's brilliant at just about everything and can do all sorts of stuff normal humans can't, like using her spinal column to connect to wireless networks. But she's also a mess. She just can't get over the fact that she isn't like everyone else. I still haven't figured out why the two other main characters both fall/have fallen for her, because I've been writing this thing for so long that sometimes it feels like it writes itself and just borrows my hands to use the keyboard.

What I'd really like to do is make a cool cover for Prototype, like the one TheBookWorm made for her novel-in-verse (brilliant and very professional-looking, by the way), but I think I ought to actually complete the thing first, and anyway I have no idea what I'd do or how I'd do it. I'm going on holiday on Tuesday so I won't be posting for a bit. See you in about two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment