Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Working, Guys!

Hello again, everyone. Wow, echoes. Please someone start posting again soon! I know NaNoWriMo is coming up, so maybe that will inspire a few posts. But that's not the point: I have something to write about!

Remember in my last post that I was going to start writing in a notebook instead of on the computer? Well I am pleased to report that it really is working! I've been working on it pretty much whenever I have a spare moment at school and in the evenings, and in my A5 notebook I have written 38 pages. I started typing it up the other day, because when it's finished I want a digital copy of it for easy editing and it's probably better to do it a bit at a time than all at once; and I got about 11 notebook pages onto 3 and a half typed-up pages. If my calculator serves me well, that means that what I've written so far should be about 12 pages. Doesn't sound like much, but.

Dudes. My computer is full to bursting with stories that never got past page 3. That's why I decided to try this alernative method. So now I've done twelve pages without really noticing it, and by working on it all the time I've made myself think about it all the time and so I have a much better idea of where this story is going than I do with most of them. This story is going to get finished, I can feel it. That would bring my finished story count up to three: this one (currently unnamed); Prototype, which is still locked in its endless revision cycle anyway; and a short story called The Madness of Faith, which I wrote years ago as schoolwork and kept because I think it's pretty good. That one's only two and a half pages long. Maybe I'll post it up here someday.

So yeah, I really recommend switching to a notebook if you don't already use one. It gets things done and it boosts morale. Also, if anyone is interested in reading Madness, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment