Monday, August 15, 2011

First NaNoWriMo!

As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I have decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. I'll probably die, but it'll be worth it. I figure that even if I don't make the word quota, I'll have at least gotten a good sta'rt on a new story. Responses to this announcement of mine have ranged from "Awsome, you'll do great!" to "If you think it's a good idea, I guess I can't stop you."

The story I have chosen to work on this November was inspired by a wonderful gift given to me just recently. That gift was a WWII Volunteer Nurse's Aide uniform. The matching cap, upon close inspection, had the owner's initials written inside! Who was 'M.W.?' We will probably never know. But I have chosen the name Mandy Weiman, and decided to tell this girl's story. It should certainly be interesting, if nothing else!

I'll try to post updates on here, but I can't make any promises. Goodness knows I'll be busy. :)

~Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment