Friday, June 3, 2011

Critique Partners


 Hello all,

I thought today I'd talk about critique partners, for lack of a better subject (and because I have no progress to speak of on Journey).

                A critique partner is usually a writer (not necessarily published) who reads what you’ve written and offers suggestions to improve it. They’re a lot like an editor, but they are friendlier. You repay the favor by reading their work and offering suggestions.

                If you belong to a writing club, you might do something like this already. Or, you might have a family member or friend who reads a wide variety of things and is willing to read and discuss your work with you. I know my family is VERY honest about mistakes I make ;)

                So, I’m encouraging you to find a critique partner if you haven’t already. They’re extremely helpful. When picking one, look for the following:
                -So honest they’re not afraid of hurting your feelings
                -They read a lot, so they know what good writing looks like
                -They have time to do it (some people are really busy
Bonus points if they’re a writer. They don’t have to be.

If you don't have a critique partner, go get one. Your writing will thank you. 
Also, there are websites that offer critiquing. A Google search should turn some up.

1 comment:

  1. I found a website that matches up writers. It's
    http://www.lwot.net/writeMatch_join.htm

    ReplyDelete